20100304

ɐ spectrum

"One in 150 children is diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. For all the children and families affected by this disorder - and all those who will be - the time to act is now. More children will be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder this year than with AIDS, Diabetes & Cancer combined!
Autism is a spectrum of psychological conditions characterized by widespread abnormalities of social interactions and communication, as well as severely restricted interests and highly repetitive behavior.

My family knows first hand the frustration of Autism's mystery, knowing too well there is no medical detection or cure for Autism. My son Alijah, now 9 years old, is a child with Autism. I started this brand for him, my 6 year old daughter Aliyah, and all the children that are affected by this mysterious disorder.

I created ɐ spectrum to give back to all those that feel the same frustration as I do.

The ɐ (an upside down a) stands for the puzzle of Autism, along with the impact it personally has on my family and others like us. The a also relates to my family personally because all of our names start with the letter A. You will also notices Spectrum spelled with a 3 for the E, also a symbol that this is our fight together, the three of us. This brand will reflect our love, strength and our hope for the future of our family and families like ours.

With the purchase of any ɐ spectrum branded Spectrum Cosmetics products ALL the proceeds with go directly to Autism Research and Education."


This is an excerpt from my website. I tried to explain why I choose Spectrum and Autism but I didn't want to be to long winded. Well since this is my blog, I can do what I want :)

So many people know, my son Alijah is a child with Autism. And we all know or have heard a lot about Autism in the last couple of years because of Jenny McCarthy, Toni Braxton, Halle Robinson Pete, etc. But what be don't realize is there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSAND of families that are not famous that have brothers, sister, cousin, grandchildren etc that suffer from Autism.

Its become an pandemic! When I was 7 years old 1 in 11,000 children when diagnosed with Autism. Movies like Rain Man were made and no one knew what Autism is or knew anyone with it. Now I'm 28, now its 1 in 150 and some places are reporting 1 in 90. That is INSANE when you think of the numbers of children that are suffering. These days everyone knows at least one child or adult that is Autistic. Some not being able to talk, feed themselves, relate to family members, socialize or focus on anything and all of it without a true cause. 

Autism has NO cause and NO cure.

Spectrum Cosmetics is just starting out, only a year in the industry but I will donate all that I can though ɐ spectrum so that that one day I can say I helped hundreds of thousands of families find HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment