20100225

Sweetheart Box Collection

I was trying to think of some new color ideas for Valentine's Day and a friend of mine suggested that I used my myPANTONE and Color Expert software that we use for graphic design & photography processing. I was so surprised that I didn't think of that before. For those that are unfamiliar with Pantone its a standard color-matching system used by graphic designers, painters, interior designers etc for inks, paints, fabrics, papers etc. If you have an iPhone (yay) there are two applications I would recommend, myPANTONE & Color Expert. I own them both and use them daily. The differences are how you can interact with the color wheel. I like them both and use them together most of the time. They are $9.99 each and both very worth it. (Good Pantone color wheel software for the PC or MAC can start at $150 and up) Soooo... anyway... I found a 2 pink color that I liked and I had the color wheel produce 4 Complementary colors.





I picked 4 colors from each swatch and got to work. It took me about 3 hours to match all 8 colors and I made an additional
color to go with them.


I am VERY excited about the colors and love how the Complementary colors came out. I decided to offer them in 2 quad sets and name them after conversation heart sayings. They are called Sweetheart Beauty Boxes ;D



^^ I did make a mistake in the palette placement when I took the picture Dream Love & Tickle Monster should be switched. Using the color wheel software I was able to go from just one color idea to completing my whole Valentine's Day Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment